Course Listing for 2020
- lick on each course title for a detailed course description.
MAY 18th, 2020
MAY 19th, 2020
MAY 20th, 2020
MAY 21st, 2020
|Basic Vacuum Technology (BVT)
(Riddle and Hodges)
|Evaporative Thin Film Deposition
|Plasma Etching and RIE:
Fundamentals (Day 1) and Applications (Day 2)
(1 or 2 day course)
|Vacuum Leak Detection
|Fabrication of Planar Silicon CMOS Integrated Circuits
1/2 Day course
|Partial Pressure Analysis with Residual Gas Analyzers
|Controlling Contamination in Vacuum Systems
|Plasma-Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition
General Short Course Information:
- Unless otherwise noted, short courses meet from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at the conference venue.
- In 2020, one day courses cost $690, two day course costs $1020 and Basic Vacuum Technology (4 days) costs $1,795.
- Full time university students qualify for a $50 short course day rate. (1 day course is $50, 2-day courses cost $100 and 4 day course is $200)
- AVS Platinum members may qualify for a discount. Contact David Adams (info below) for details prior to registering.
- Lunch is provided for all short course attendees.
- There will be short breaks in the morning and afternoon. Lunch will be held from Noon to 1:00 PM each day.
- Refreshments and lunch are included in the course fe
- Parking fees are also included. Proceed through the gated lot. Parking exit codes will be distributed at course check-in.Important: The last day for reimbursement of cancellations is Monday, May 4th, 2020. We will make our best effort to reimburse anyone who cancels after May 4th, but we offer no guarantees.
For questions about short courses , please contact: