AVS New Mexico 2022 Health & Safety Plan
To promote the safety of everyone attending AVS NM short courses in 2022, we will monitor the guidance and requirements of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), State of New Mexico, the New Mexico Department of Public Health, and the World Health Organization regarding COVID-19 safety practices. Therefore, the Attendee Health & Safety Plan may change from time to time through the last day of the courses in June 2022.
Course Listing for 2022
- Short course registration is closed. To be put on a waiting list should there be any cancellations, please contact:
- Amy Bauer:
NMAVS Local Arrangements Coordinator505.280.8138
- Amy Bauer:
- Download the short course flyer.
June 6th, 2022
June 7th, 2022
June 8th, 2022
June 9th, 2022
|Basic Vacuum Technology
(Riddle and Arata, 4 days)
|Plasma Enhanced CVD: Fundamentals, Techniques and Application
|Vacuum Pumps: An Introduction to their Operation and Maintenance
Fabrication of Planar Silicon CMOS Integrated Circuits
(Bauer, 1/2 Day)
Design of Experiments: Applications in Thin Film Deposition
- Short courses meet from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at the conference venue.
- All courses will be held at the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, 2910 Yale Blvd SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106. Hotel reservations can be made with the hotel directly at 888-625-4937 or at through Marriott online HERE. A discounted room rate of $111/night plus tax is available for reservations made by May 23, 2022.
- For information about the Sheraton and directions to the Hotel, please visit https://www.nmavs.org/venue/ .
- One day courses cost $690, two day course costs $1020 and Basic Vacuum Technology (4 days) costs $1,795.
- Full time university students qualify for a $75 short course day rate. (1 day course is $75, 2-day courses cost $150 and 4 day course is $300)
- AVS members may qualify for a discount. Contact David Adams (info below) for details prior to registering.
- Lunch is provided for all short course attendees.
For questions about short courses , please contact: