Starting at 8:30am, with a 1 hour lunch break on Tuesday, November 24, 2020, Online Via Zoom
- Learn about a broad range of evaporation techniques: technology and fundamentals
- Understand evaporation mechanisms
- Review of gas kinetics
- Evaporation and equilibrium vapor pressure (thermodynamics and kinetics)
- Thermal and electron beam evaporation sources: materials issues
- Deposition rate monitors: advantages and disadvantages
- Evaporation of alloys and compounds: kinetics and materials considerations
- The role of energetic particles: ion plating, ion-beam assisted deposition, etc.
- Processes controlling film growth and properties
- Stress evolution in evaporated films
- Overview of related deposition techniques: MBE, PLD, Vacuum-Arc Deposition
Who Should Attend?
Scientists, engineers, students, technicians, and others involved in the deposition of thin films by evaporation who want to understand the effects of operating parameters on the properties of metal, semiconductor, compound, and alloy films.
Instructor: Ron Goeke, Sandia National Laboratories
Course Notes will be provided.